Everyone knows that awkward feeling — when you hit it off with the ladies, but your brain starts drawing blanks. You run out of questions to ask girls, and you’re left wondering if there’s anything you can do to salvage the conversation.
It’s not the best feeling. Fortunately, there are ways to work around this problem. The best way to show interest in a girl is to ask questions about her. If you’re keen on wooing this woman, then here’s some dating advice for men to help you get your groove on.
Questions to Ask Girls that Will Start Conversations
All it takes to start a full-fledged conversation is one question, provided the question is interesting enough. The best questions are the ones that require a little thought and consideration on the receiver’s end. They must also be fun to answer, and their responses must be personal or telling of their characters. Gauging someone’s goals as well as what they love is no easy task, but it can be accomplished by knowing what to ask and when. Just don’t forget to be reasonable so you don’t make her uncomfortable. For a quick refresher, here are some dating etiquette tips to keep you at the top of your game.
Below are some questions to ask girls that can help you keep the conversation going.
30 Conversation Starters to Get the Ball Rolling
1. How are you?
2. Do anything interesting lately?
3. Are you obsessed with any bands right now?
4. Have you bought anything cool online lately?
5. Would you rather be stuck someplace hot, or someplace cold?
6. Are there any skills you wish you were really good at?
7. If you could have only one pet for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
8. Would you say you’re a cat person or a dog person?
9. Do you have a favorite sport?
10. Have you watched any good television series lately?
11. What do you think is the best holiday?
12. Have you been to many countries?
13. Among all the places you’ve traveled to, which one would you say is your favorite?
14. Are there any places nearby that have a special place in your heart?
15. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
16. Would you say you’re more of an introvert or more of an extrovert?
17. Have you had any strange or weird dreams lately?
18. What are your go-to interesting questions to ask when you meet someone new?
19. If you could put up any song right now, what would you pick?
20. Have you been doing anything interesting lately?
21. Do you have any useless talents that you’re proud of?
22. If you could have any superpower of your choice, what would it be?
23. Are there any weird questions to ask a stranger that you’ve been dying to use?
24. If you were to die and be reborn in a fictional setting, where would you want to live?
25. What’s the last book you’ve read?
26. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s been the highlight of your week?
27. What’s your story?
28. Do you have any plans for the weekend?
29. What’s a cool hobby of yours?
30. In three words, can you describe yourself?
30 Conversation Starters for Networking and Professional Settings
31. What made you want to get into this line of work?
32. What do you love about your job?
33. Have you worked on anything interesting lately?
34. What’s the most important piece of advice you’ve learned about your job?
35. How do you keep yourself organized at work?
36. Of all the projects you’ve worked on, which one is your favorite?
37. What was your first job like?
38. How long have you been working in your current job?
39. Do you have any career role models?
40. Can you tell me a little bit more about yourself?
41. So, how do you know the host of this event?
42. What do you do for a living?
43. How did you hear about this event?
44. Do you think we’ll bump into each other again?
45. How do you keep yourself occupied these days?
46. Have you ever won an award at work?
47. What brought you here today?
48. Is this your first time attending this event?
49. Do you have any go-to questions you use for networking?
50. What’s the best advice you can give when it comes to networking?
51. Have you learned any new skills lately?
52. Has anything exciting happened at the workplace recently?
53. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve seen or heard at a networking event?
54. Have you been to this venue before?
55. Heard any noteworthy news today?
56. So, what sort of project do you hope to work on one day?
57. Have you tried the food here?
58. What’s the first thing you’re going to do after this event?
59. Do you have anything you’re passionate about?
60. What motivates you to go to work?
Questions to Ask Girls to Get to Know Them
Once you’re more confident with conversation starters, you’re probably wondering how you can keep it going from here. For those who want a more lighthearted conversation, you’re better off asking some jokey, weird-yet-charming questions that are guaranteed to make her laugh. There are also deep and personal questions that can help you learn what a woman wants to accomplish in life, as well as what they love and value. In fact, these are even questions you can ask your girlfriend — even if you already feel as if you know her.
45 Deep Questions to Ask Girls to Keep the Conversation Going
61. Is there anything that you’re passionate about?
62. Would you consider yourself a religious or superstitious person?
63. What would you say is your greatest accomplishment so far?
64. Do you think you’d be able to handle being famous and easily recognizable?
65. What do you like the most about yourself?
66. Do you think a person’s past relationships matter with their newer ones?
67. What’s the biggest regret that you have in your life?
68. If you had the power to go back in time and undo something in your life, would you?
69. What would you undo?
70. Do you think it’s possible for someone to ever get too close to someone else?
71. What do you believe is the ugliest personality trait a person can have?
72. Conversely, what do you believe is the most beautiful personality trait?
73. What’s the most interesting place you’ve ever traveled to?
74. How do you know when you’re in love with someone?
75. Is there anything that you’re an advocate for?
76. What non-physical attribute of yours would you say is your favorite?
77. Are there any unusual things that you enjoy that you’d recommend everyone try at least once?
78. Do you think it’s possible for someone to learn from their mistakes, no matter how grave?
79. Have you learned anything important from your most recent relationship?
80. How do you spend the majority of your free time?
81. Have you ever lost someone close to you?
82. What would you say is the most important lesson you’ve learned in your life?
83. If you’re comfortable with sharing, what would you say is an insecurity of yours?
84. Is there anything you’re deeply afraid of?
85. Could you tell me about the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
86. Do you think you’ve ever broken someone’s heart?
87. What’s the most important thing to you in any relationship?
88. Can you think of three words you’d use to describe yourself?
89. What would you say is the best thing about yourself?
90. How do you show your affection towards someone?
91. How are you when it comes to handling stress and anxiety?
92. Do you have an absolute favorite place to be?
93. What’s your stance on pets?
94. How do you feel about children?
95. Would you prefer a large family with several children, or a small family with only one?
96. What’s your go-to activity when you’re with your friends?
97. Do you have a favorite type of food or cuisine?
98. Would you say you’re someone who’s capable of working well under pressure?
99. How important is money to you?
100. Would you consider yourself someone who’s adventurous and open-minded?
101. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about love nowadays?
102. Are there any specific qualities you look for in a person you’re romantically interested in?
103. How different are you as a person now in comparison to how you were in high school?
104. Have you ever dated multiple people at the same time?
105. In your opinion, what would you say is the perfect romantic date?
25 Weird and Funny Questions to Ask Girls That Will Make Her Laugh
106. What Hogwarts house do you think the sorting hat would drop you into?
107. If you were forced to pick a new name for yourself, what name would you choose?
108. How well do you think you’d do in the face of a zombie apocalypse?
109. Who was your first celebrity crush?
110. Would you rather be a master of every instrument, or be fluent in every language?
111. Which fictional character do you find yourself relating to the most?
112. Do you have any weird or irrational deal-breakers when it comes to partners?
113. What would you say is your favorite scent?
114. Do you have a reliable go-to karaoke song?
115. In your opinion, what would you say is the most unattractive word in the dictionary?
116. What’s the silliest thing you’ve ever gotten in trouble for?
117. Who was your weirdest celebrity crush?
118. What do you think is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done in your life?
119. Do you regret it?
120. From your experience, what’s the worst pick-up line anyone’s ever used on you?
121. Do you remember the first person you had a crush on?
122. If you had to back one up in a fight against the other, would you side with a ninja or a pirate?
123. Have you ever fallen in love with a totally fictional character?
124. What’s the most awkward or embarrassing experience you’ve ever had?
125. What’s the largest animal you think you could reasonably take in a fight?
126. Would you rather be stuck with no arms or no legs?
127. Say the world ends tomorrow. What’s something that you want to do right now?
128. Do you have any irrational fears or phobias?
129. If you had to come up with a slogan for your life, what would you make?
130. Do you think it’d be cooler to live up in space, or deep underwater?
Questions to Ask Girls That Will Get Her Attention
For a more risque chat, or if you’re simply trying to gauge your sexual compatibility with a woman, fun and flirty questions are your best bet. Last but not least, it’s also good to have some questions ready for when your conversations shift to a more digital format. After all, some things are more fun when they’re asked online. For those of you keen on trying out online dating, here’s a guide on how to write a dating profile that will attract anyone.
45 Fun and Flirty Questions to Ask Girls You Like
131. What’s the first thing that attracts you to a person?
132. Are you the sort of woman who enjoys cuddling?
133. Do you have any specific kinks or fetishes?
134. What’s your stance on role-playing in bed?
135. Have you ever had a fling or a casual sexual relationship with anyone?
136. What would you say is your biggest turn-on?
137. How about your biggest turn-off?
138. What’s the hottest thing anyone has ever said to you?
139. No judging, but what’s the shortest amount of time it took for you to get in bed with someone?
140. What’s more important to you: physical intimacy, or emotional intimacy?
141. Is there anything you’re too shy to tell me about?
142. Do you enjoy being single, or would you prefer to be in a relationship?
143. Have you ever asked a crush out, or would you prefer to be asked out yourself?
144. What would you say is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
145. Conversely, what would you say is the dirtiest thing you’ve ever done?
146. What’s your stance on friends with benefits?
147. Do you prefer partners who are nice and stable, or wild and adventurous?
148. What would you say is your “type”?
149. How many people have you dated in your life?
150. What’s the most physically attractive thing about a person?
151. In your opinion, what would you say is the most attractive thing a person can wear?
152. Would you consider yourself to be a romantic?
153. If you could only be one, would you rather be extremely attractive, or extremely intelligent?
154. Do you enjoy dancing?
155. Would you call yourself an adrenaline junkie by any means?
156. What’s something a person can do that never fails to make you blush?
157. Are you the sort of person who finds it easy to say “I love you”?
158. How many people have you said “I love you” to?
159. What do you typically look for in a partner?
160. Have you ever unironically used a pick-up line on someone?
161. What do you usually do or say to let someone know you’re interested?
162. Can you show me how you flirt?
163. Are you the sort of woman who likes nicknames, pet names, and other terms of affection?
164. If you could, would you have sex with someone much older than you?
165. Suppose you could only choose one. Do you prefer cuddling, or do you prefer kissing?
166. Do you prefer being the big spoon or the little spoon when it comes to cuddling?
167. Would you say you’re a shy person or a wild one?
168. What’s something romantic a person can do that will always put you in the mood?
169. Do you like taking charge in bed, or would you prefer to leave your partner in control?
170. Of all your childhood memories, which one would you say you’re most fond off?
171. What were some of the best things about the place you grew up in?
172. Conversely, what were some of the worst things about the place you grew up in?
173. What’s something you wish you had more time to dedicate to?
174. From your experience, what do you think is the key to living a happy life?
175. Do you have any go-to, reliable dirty would you rather questions?
25 Interesting Questions to Ask Girls When Texting
176. What emoji do you find yourself using the most?
177. Do you have a favorite app that you can’t live without?
178. How do you find your memes?
179. What’s the silliest thing you’re deeply passionate about?
180. So, why are you still up at this hour?
181. What song or album do you find yourself playing most often?
182. Among all the texts you’ve ever received in your life, which one is the weirdest?
183. Can you show me a meme from your phone?
184. What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve seen or read online recently?
185. Have you bought anything cool online lately?
186. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s the worst text you’ve accidentally sent?
187. What’s the best photo you’ve taken?
188. Do you have a favorite meme?
189. How often do you find yourself chatting to strangers on the internet?
190. Of all the films you’ve seen, which one would you say is your favorite?
191. Do you have a favorite genre of music?
192. How do you usually spend your Saturdays?
193. What would you say is your biggest, most ambitious goal in life right now?
194. When was the last time you’ve gotten into trouble?
195. Have you ever been caught doing something you weren’t supposed to?
196. If you were forced to spend the next 24 hours with someone, which person would you choose?
197. What’s something that people do that never fails to annoy you?
198. Who do you think has had the biggest impact on the person you’ve become?
199. What are some of the thoughts that keep you up late at night?
200. Are you listening to any songs right now?
Questions to Ask Girls When You Want to Have Fun
Sometimes you just want to chat with a girl — and not because you’re interested in getting to know them more, or because you’re looking for something a little more. Maybe you’re just looking for a friend to pass the time with, or maybe you’re just looking for someone to make you laugh. There’s no harm in hitting someone up for some casual conversation when you’re bored, especially if you’re friends already. Here are some questions to help you lighten the mood.
25 Questions to Ask Girls When You’re Bored
201. Out of curiosity, what’s your favorite holiday or time of the year?
202. What makes that holiday or time of the year so special to you?
203. Are there any upcoming movies you’re keen on catching?
204. Did you hear about [the most recent news event]?
205. What do you think about [the most recent news event]?
206. If you knew the world was going to explode tomorrow, what would you do with your last day?
207. What were you like as a kid?
208. Have you done anything crazy recently?
209. If you were forced to live anywhere but here, which country would you want to stay in?
210. Are any of your favorite bands going to tour this year?
211. What are you up to right now?
212. Who’s your favorite historical figure and what makes them so interesting to you?
213. Is there anything funny that you like to do when you’re alone?
214. Could you tell me a knock-knock joke?
215. Right now, what’s at the very top of your bucket list?
216. If you could learn any instrument, which instrument would you pick?
217. What makes that instrument so appealing to you?
218. If you were forced to make a YouTube channel, what sort of content would you create?
219. What’s your favorite song from the ’80s?
220. If you had to pick three, which movies made you laugh the hardest?
221. What would you say is your favorite thing about being a girl?
222. If you had the choice, would you want to become a guy instead?
223. Have you ever eaten anything weird or out of the ordinary in your life?
224. Even if it was a little unusual, did it at least taste good?
225. Would you ever eat it again if you had the chance?
25 Questions to Ask Girls to Lighten the Mood
226. Would you rather have a pet frog, a pet turtle, or a pet bird?
227. What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever dressed up as on Halloween?
228. In your opinion, what is the best breakfast you could ever ask for?
229. Do you have a favorite holiday pastime or activity?
230. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
231. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s the most embarrassing situation you’ve ever found yourself in?
232. Which country do you think makes the most delicious food?
233. What’s your favorite dinosaur?
234. Do you have a favorite sport?
235. Whenever you go out to dance, what are your go-to moves?
236. Can you show me how you do it?
237. Do you think you can live without technology for a week?
238. Could you describe your idea of a perfect day to me?
239. What’s something that never fails to make you happy?
240. Do you believe in luck, or do you think everything happens for a reason?
241. If you had to live without breakfast, lunch, or dinner for the rest of your life, which meal would you pick?
242. What is the most useful item you own?
243. Which animal do you feel you relate to the most?
244. If you were stranded on a deserted island with none of your belongings, how long do you think you’d last?
245. Similarly, if you were stranded on a deserted island and you could only bring one thing with you, what would it be?
246. Do you have any rare collectibles or memorabilia that you’re proud to own?
247. Whenever you meet a new person, what’s the first thing you notice about them?
248. What’s something you will always be grateful for?
249. Have you ever stolen anything in your life?
250. What’s something that you do that you think nobody else in the world does?
250 Questions To Ask Girls To Keep The Conversation Going: What to Do Next?
Once you’ve got a girl’s attention, and once things start getting a little bit more serious, you’ll find yourself wondering if it’s time to put a label on your relationship. If that’s the case, then you’ll need to know how to ask a girl to be your girlfriend and be equipped with an arsenal of information regarding her likes, dislikes, and more. To better prepare, check out this list of 150 questions to ask your girlfriend.