The iconic Christian Dior said ‘Grooming is the secret of real elegance’ – and we agree! Keeping ourselves well-groomed is not just something we do to look good; it is also a way to respect and care for ourselves.
Our hair is our crowning glory, so why not groom it the best we can? Be it a regular day at the office or an after-hours party with your mates, a good hair wax keeps your hair well styled and in place throughout the day.
Gentlemen, if you’re looking for a good hair wax to add to your personal grooming kit, your search stops here. We have picked out our top 10 hair wax must-haves to keep you looking suave and confident.
How To Choose A Good Hair Wax?
First off, let’s see what we should keep in mind when choosing a hair wax. Here are some important tips:
- Good hold: One of the key purposes of hair wax is to hold your hair in place – be it to neaten any flyaway hair, or to hold an interesting hairstyle. Hair wax products in the market are available in a variety of options – from light, medium to the extra stronghold. Go for one that works for you, depending on how strongly you want your hair to be shaped.
- Easy to use: Comfort is key! It is important to go for a hair wax that is has a good consistency, is easy to spread, and blends well into your hair without being visible. This way, you will be able to effortlessly shape your hair the way you’d like.
- Good ingredients: Since a typical workday or outing lasts at least 6-7 hours or more, it is important that your hair wax has ingredients that are nourishing, and don’t damage your hair. Go for products with organic ingredients such as beeswax, shea butter, and vitamin E. This was, your hair not only stays well-styled but also safe and protected throughout the day.
- Easy to wash off: Ideally, the mark of good hair wax is that it should be water-soluble so that it is easy to wash off without needing any special shampoo or product.
Top 10 Best Hair Wax Products Men Must Have
Keeping the above tips in mind, we have picked out the top 10 hair wax products that are a must-have in any man’s grooming kit. Read on to find out what they are!
1. An Extra Strong-Hold Hair Pomade
For the days when your hair needs that something extra strong, go for a strong hold pomade that will keep that funky hairstyle up and in place throughout the day!
This pomade is ideal for special occasions where you’ll be busy and on your feet – such as a night out or a high-powered meeting.
2. An Extra-Strength Mustache Wax
This one is for our gloriously mustached gentlemen! A secondary wax like this one will let you style your mustache the way you like it – whether you’ve got a vintage handlebar, or want to keep it contemporary.
It’s made of natural ingredients and is petroleum-free. The stylish and sturdy stainless steel tin makes it easy to carry when traveling.
3. This Organic, Natural Hold Hair Pomade
You can’t go wrong by going organic! If you need styling hair wax for your daily needs, make sure it’s an organic pomade like this one by Chronos and Creed.
It has vitamins and shea butter that will moisturize your hair and scalp while styling your hair. So you get the best of both worlds.
4. Flexible Hold Natural Shine Hair Wax Pomade
This 100% natural hair wax has a light hold, which means this is good for regular use and casual hairstyles. It leaves a sleek, natural shine behind in your hair, which is always welcome, isn’t it?
5. This Matte-Finish Styling Clay
For those times when you want your hair to have a matte look with no shine, this product is your savior. A matte hair dough will keep your hair in place all day without making it look greasy or shiny.
This blend of clay and wax is a good option for those with thin hair. This is because, with the hair dough, you can style the hair together in a way that makes them look thick and high volume.
6. A Medium Hold Hair Wax Pomade For Thick Hair
Most hair pomades leave your hair dry and solid after application. It’s good to keep a medium hold, natural look pomade like this one by Smooth Viking.
Water-Based Hair pomades will keep your hair’s soft texture intact even after application. So go ahead and run your fingers through your hair without worry!
7. Hair Gel Finishing Stick
This product is a godsend for people with pesky flyaways! This moisturizing hair gel stick is a convenient way to stick and neaten all the baby hair that escapes your ponytail or man bun.
Just run the stick in an upward fashion along any flyaways, and they will stick together in place. We recommend keeping this handy for those last-minute touch-ups!
8. Temporary Hair Color Wax
In the mood to experiment with your hair color, without going for a permanent hair dye? Pick a temporary hair color wax with a good hold!
This all-natural, irritation-free hair color wax will not only hold your hairstyle in place but will color it in your shade of choice. All this without having to choose a hair dye that you can’t remove for months! Done with the day, and want to go back to your original hair? Simply wash it off with a mild shampoo.
9. Matte Separation Wax
Want a styled-but-messy look that will stay that way? This matte separation wax by Bedhead is perfect if you that’s the look you’re going for.
This hair wax doesn’t look greasy and can withstand humidity as well. So your hair won’t go limp on those sweltering summer days!
10. Styling Hair Wax For Extra Short Hair
Who says people with short hair can’t style their hair? This moving rubber hair wax can make it happen! Its holding power is quite strong and can keep your hair spiked up all day long.
What’s more, it’s paraben-free, matte-finish and washes easily with shampoo and water. Be it spikes or any other look, this hair wax will keep it in place, come rain or shine!
A well-groomed hairstyle not only makes you look great but feel confident from within as well! Depending on the kind of look you are going for, there are a number of hair wax products available in the market. Happy grooming, gentlemen!