Looking for the best work boots for men? If you work in harsh conditions or spend plenty of time outdoors, work boots are essential. They protect your feet, and also provide you with comfort and durability. There are many different options to choose from so let us help you make the right choice and get your money’s worth.
Best Work Boots for Men – What to Look For
Unlike your casual boots, work boots serve a greater function beyond simply looking good. Here are some of the important things you need to consider when choosing from a selection of Amazon work boots.
- Safety Toes – Choose safety toes according to the environment you’ll be working in. This will help define the kind you need from the three different types: steel, composite, aluminum. Keep in mind that all three are American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) rated, but serve different purposes.
- Water Resistant Work Boots – Getting moisture inside your boots can be a very unpleasant experience. This is why selecting water-resistant boots, that have been treated with rubber helping to keep water out, is a must.
- Slip Resistant Outsoles – A bad slip can cause major injury and as such, you want to select work boots that can protect you from it. Most boots do come with this feature but make sure you choose a type that suits your work environment best. Our recommendation? Test the boots in person and check how it feels!
- Comfortable Fit – They might not provide the same comfort as your favorite running shoes, but cushioning is important when it comes to work boots. If you’ll be wearing them for long hours, finding the most comfortable work boots is a must. Doing so will help you avoid blisters, sores, ingrown toenails, and other related foot ailments. Remember to check for proper ankle support as well!
- Durability – Did you know that some work boots come with lifetime warranties? Brands such as Chaco, Columbia Sportswear, and Dr. Martens all offer this. Keep this in mind, especially if you’re investing a significant chunk of money for a pair. Not only does this show how confident they are in the durability of their products, but you can also rest assured that you’re making a worthwhile investment in purchasing a pair.
Best Steel Toe Work Boots For Men
1. Caterpillar Second Shift Work Boot
These full-grain leather CAT work boots are considered to be suitable for many different types of environments. It is one of the best steel toe boots available, with a rate of ASTM F2413-18 I/75 C/75. This is the highest rating you should be looking for if you want protection from both compression and impact.
Get the Caterpillar Second Shift Work Boots on Amazon.
2. Wolverine Raider Work Boot
These Wolverine work boots may be on the affordable side, but as the Second Shift they are also made of full-grain leather. Its steel toe has been rated ASTM F21413-18 M I/75 C75. The Raider is great for regular use throughout the year.
Get the Wolverine Raider Work Boot on Amazon.
3. Timberland PRO Direct Attach 6″ Steel Toe Waterproof Insulated Boot
Timberland is a trusted name when it comes to work boots and the PRO proves why. These boots are affordable yet great for working in cold and wet conditions. On top of that, they can provide protection against 2,500 pounds of force!
Get the Timberland PRO Waterproof Insulated Boot on Amazon.
4. Skechers Workshire Relaxed Fit Boot
Skechers is a pretty well-known sneaker brand and they bring that same mobility to the Workshire. These steel toe boots offer comfort, while also maintaining protection against sharp materials such as nails. Like others on our list, they have also been given the highest possible rating for protection.
Get the Skechers Workshire Relaxed Fit Boot on Amazon.
5. Thorogood American Heritage Boot
The price is more on the premium side, but the Thorogood American Heritage work boots place great value on quality. Aside from giving you protection, it also comes with an Ultimate Shock Absorption footbed. Note that it is also oil and water-resistant, with an anti-slip outer sole.
Get the Thorogood American Heritage Boot on Amazon.
6. KEEN Utility Waterproof Work Boots
Made out of nubuck leather and nylon, these work boots are meant for any terrain or weather. It might lack insulation, but it will keep your feet dry and ample traction for safety. In terms of its steel toe, it exceeds the ASTM standard and is ideal for construction work.
Get the KEEN Utility Waterproof Work Boots on Amazon.
Best Waterproof Work Boots For Men
7. Carhartt Rugged Flex Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot
First off, let’s talk about the exterior. These boots from Carhartt are made out of full-grain leather, ensuring their resistance to water. It is also oil and chemical resistant, making it a good fit for many different types of job sites.
Get the Carhartt Rugged Flex Waterproof Composite Toe Work Boot on Amazon.
8. FREE SOLDIER Men’s Waterproof Lightweight Work Boots
Because of its combat-style design, many might wrongly assume these boots are heavy. However, it is one of the lightest and most comfortable on our list. Aside from being water-resistant, it is made of puncture-proof heavy-duty fabric and also comes with reinforced toes.
Get the FREE SOLDIER Men’s Waterproof Lightweight Work Boots on Amazon.
9. Dunlop DURAPRO Boots with Safety Steel Toe
Aside from full-grain leather, you also have the option of trying out rubber boots. The Durapro is known for being functional and weather resistant. It is one of the best models when it comes to comfort, providing both warmth, oil resistance, and ample traction as well.
Get the Dunlop DURAPRO Boots with Safety Steel Toe on Amazon.
10. Muck Boot Muckmaster Commercial Grade Rubber Work Boot
This pair offers water-resistant outsoles combined with comfort and functionality. The fact that it’s made of rubber provides all-weather use and the addition of a CR flex-foam and air-mesh lining helps boost insulation. So whether it be in dry or wet conditions, this makes for a great investment.
Get the Muck Boot Muckmaster Commercial Grade Rubber Work Boot on Amazon.
11. Honeywell Servus Comfort Technology Steel Toe Men’s Work Boots
Even in the wettest conditions, these PVC boots hold up well. It comes with ample ankle support, along with Triple Density Technology that will not degrade and provides extra protection from oils and chemicals. For added protection and durability, it also comes with a steel toe!
Get the Servus Comfort Technology 14″ PVC Steel Toe Men’s Work Boots on Amazon.
12. NAT’S 1595 Insulated Waterproof Steel Toe Boots for Men
For the pickier and more fashion-conscious set, check out Nat’s 1595. These can be worn on casual days and are also comfortable enough for this purpose. They are also one of the more lightweight options on our list.
Get the NAT’S 1595 Insulated Waterproof Steel Toe Boots for Men on Amazon.
Best Slip Resistant Work Boots For Men
13. Dr. Martens Men’s Icon 2295 Steel Toe Heavy Industry Boots
Working in a very demanding environment? If that is the case, Dr. Martens 2295 just might be the thing you need. This heavy-duty boot comes with full-grain leather, ankle support, and slip-resistant outsoles. It offers excellent traction and is also one of the most comfortable work boots you can find in the market.
Get the Dr. Martens Men’s Icon 2295 Steel Toe Heavy Industry Boots on Amazon.
14. Merrell Work Moab Vertex Mid Waterproof Composite Toe Boot
This one will serve you well, whether it be on a mountain trail or woodshed. Ample traction is the highlight of this Merrell classic but amped up with the addition of waterproofing, a safety toe, footbed cushioning, and an abrasion-resistant rubber toe box. The best bit? They also look cool enough to be worn off duty. You just need to find the right type of jeans.
Get the Merrell Work Moab Vertex Mid Waterproof Composite Toe Boot on Amazon.
15. Red Wing Heritage Classic Moc Boot
These certainly deserve the name “classic”. You’ll find them on various job sites and on city-slickers who value form and function when it comes to their shoe of choice. It comes with full-grain leather uppers, Vibram soles, and Goodyear-welt construction. They look good with just about any outfit and can give your fancy dress shoes a run for its money.
Get the Red Wing Heritage Classic Moc Boot on Amazon.
16. Danner Bull Run 6” Work Boots
These boots are great for those looking for a multi-purpose pair. They can be used for hiking or for working in even the toughest terrain. Like most boots on our list, it also comes with electrical hazard protection which is certainly a plus. In terms of comfort, the full-grain leather means it’s lightweight and will mold to the shape of your foot the more you wear it.
Get the Danner Bull Run 6″ Work Boots on Amazon.
17. WOLVERINE Men’s Overpass 6″ Work Boot
At 1.88 pounds a pair, the Overpass is certainly on the lighter side when it comes to work boots. Another great feature is the softness of its leather, despite the added waterproofing. It comes with a composite toe that’s barely noticeable but offers maximum protection. Thanks to the snug fit it provides around the ankles, it’s also great for hours of wear.
Get the Wolverine Men’s Overpass 6″ Work Boot on Amazon.
18. Blundstone Original 500 Series Boot
This one’s an all-rounder. Because of their aesthetic appeal, they are a classic that is favored by anyone from carpenters to magazine editors. They are made to withstand a variety of terrain. Thanks to the muck-proof rubber outsoles, these will also provide you with ample traction combined with comfort.
Get the Blundstone Original 500 Series Boot on Amazon.
Best Work Boots for Men with Comfortable Fit
19. Thorogood American Heritage 6” Moc
Thorogood’s best-sellers are considered as such with good reason. It comes with Goodyear-welt construction and a Poron cushion insole, making it one of the most comfortable work boots available. You have the option of getting ones with added toe protection and waterproofing as well.
Get the Thorogood American Heritage 6″ Moc on Amazon.
20. Caterpillar Threshold Steel Toe Industrial Boot
They might appear bulky, but part of what makes the Threshold one of the best work boots is the fact that they’re lightweight. To boost the comfort factor, it comes with a breathable leather upper. Like other industrial boots on our list, its rubber midsole will provide ample traction for any type of surface or terrain.
Get the Caterpillar Threshold Steel Toe Industrial Boot on Amazon.
21. ROCKROOSTER Steel Toe AK050
The AK050 is among the best Walmart work boots you can find. Aside from having all of the essential safety features, it also comes with an anatomically contoured footbed for extra comfort. It provides ample ankle support and the addition of CoolMax tech to wick moisture away from your skin keeping it dry.
Get the Caterpillar Threshold Steel Toe Industrial Boot on Amazon.
22. Carthartt CMF6366 Composite Toe Boot
The CMF6366 is versatile in that you can wear it in the city and in various rugged terrain as well. It’s got all the hallmarks of a comfortable work boot and is made from full-grain leather. It is water-resistant, has a flex rubber sole, and a steel shank to keep your feet stable even on uneven ground.
Get the Carthartt CMF6366 Composite Toe Boot on Amazon.
23. DEWALT Men’s Argon Waterproof Work Boots
Comfort is the keyword when it comes to the DeWalt Argon. It comes with a PU comfort insole and its design ensures that both tongue and collar are padded too. This way, you can wear it for hours without any chaffing. It’s also got a breathable lining and waterproof outer material to ensure that your feet will stay dry.
Get the DEWALT Men’s Argon Waterproof Work Boots on Amazon.
24. KEEN Utility Men’s San Jose 6″ Soft Toe Wedge Work Boot
The San Jose is one of the most lightweight work boot models from Keen Utility. It comes with a Luftcell air-injected midsole, which ensures you won’t need to break this one in to get comfortable. They are best used in workplaces where slip resistance is a must. For added safety, it also comes with an aluminum safety toe with a composite plate.
Get the Keen Utility Men’s San Jose 6″ Soft Toe Wedge Work Boot on Amazon.
Best Durable Work Boots for Men
25. Chippewa 73101 Logger Leather Boots
The Chippewa Logger is one of the best work boots you can purchase for cold terrain. It is made of 100% leather, offering both water and wind protection. The mid-calf rise not only provides ankle support but also keeps the interior nice and dry. Not only is this durable, maintaining it is easy to do as well.
Get the Chippewa Logger Leather Boots on Amazon.
26. Ariat Groundbreaker Pull-On Work Boot
If you’re not keen on laces, this pull-up work boot is a great option to try. Not only is it a stylish work boot, but the leather upper also ensures longevity and water resistance. These are great for any terrain, providing you ample traction with the rubber sole.
Get the Ariat Groundbreaker Pull-On Work Boot on Amazon.
27. Merrell Work Thermo Adventure Boots
If durability is what you’re looking for, Merrell is one brand you should look into. They are known for having the best work boots and the Thermo is no different. This mid-range model can withstand both cold and wet conditions and comes with a Vibram 5 mm lug depth to ensure stability.
Get the Merrell Work Thermo Adventure Boots on Amazon.
28. Timberland Pit Boss Soft Toe Boot
Another well-known brand when it comes to durability, Timberland has many great work boot options for you to choose from. The Pit Boss might be in the mid-range, but it certainly doesn’t skimp on all the essentials. It’s got great traction and comes with PRO 24/7 suspension tech for added comfort regardless of the terrain. A plus for us? The full-grain leather makes up this stylish work boot.
Get the Timberland Pit Boss Soft Toe Boot on Amazon.
29. Skechers Men’s Verdict Boot
Don’t underestimate the fact that Skechers are popular through their sneakers. The Verdict boots are not only long-lasting, but they were also designed to withstand all the rigors of your workday. In fact, they’re waterproof all the way to the collar! There’s no need to be too careful when using these boots. They can easily last 5 years or more.
Get the Skechers Men’s Verdict Boot on Amazon.
30. Irish Setter Ely Steel Toe Work Boot
The thing with the Ely is that it’s one tough boot to break in. This “stubbornness” has its merits, however. These are considered to be some of the best work boots because of their full-grain leather construction, crush-proof steel toe, and removable PU footbed.
Get the Irish Setter Ely Steel Toe Work Boot on Amazon.
Always Invest in the Best Work Boots for Men
A cheaper option might be easier on the pocket but may not provide you the protection you require. Walmart work boots are great as long as you do proper research on them. Remember, if you’re using these boots in rugged terrain and risky job sites make sure you’re getting the best ones.